EIC + Editorial Director
● Writing intros and pulling quotes
● Proofing, fact-checking, and editing interviews while maintaining the interviewee’s voice
● Quick work turnaround / Follow strict editorial calendar deadlines
● Since we work remotely, the ability to quickly respond to emails is paramount
● All work is completed via email and Google Docs
● Must have the availability to edit at least two long form interviews per month
*These responsibilities listed serve to give an idea of the role, but are contingent upon the company needs at the time.
● Strong writing/editorial experience
● Experience editing interview-based content
● Ability to understand the arch of an interview and to edit accordingly
● Great understanding of This Generation’s approach to content as well as our voice
● Expansive knowledge and interest of the fashion industry, current events, and youth culture
● Time management, proactive communication and problem-solving skills, must be extremely detail oriented
● Quick and eager learner with a good attitude
● Resourceful, independent worker who can also collaborate with a team
● Professional email etiquette
● Must be proficient in English writing and grammar
Work is done remotely
Freelancer flat rate in $USD
Send your CV and Cover Letter with links to your online portfolio.
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Freelance Editor Applicant // First Last Name”.
*All applicants that we consider must complete and pass an unpaid edit test before hire.